From the WMU-AAUP Nominations and Elections Committee:
On behalf of the Nominations and Elections Committee, we would like to report the results of the WMU-AAUP officer and executive committee member election, as tallied by our external auditor.
We believe there was a spirited campaign for the office of President and that this sort of democracy is vital to a stronger, more effective faculty union. Whether your preferred candidate received the most votes or not, we encourage you and them to set aside what happened during a campaign and to get on with the important collective business of the WMU-AAUP.
The total number of votes cast was 341, which indicates a strongly engaged membership. We thank you for your involvement.
The following candidates have been elected and notified of the election results:
- Lisa Minnick, President
- Brian Tripp, Vice President
- Kent Baldner, Executive Committee, College of Arts and Sciences – Humanities
- Dan Farrell, Executive Committee, Haworth College of Business
- Tim Michael, Executive Committee, College of Education and Human Development
- Mary Peterson, Executive Committee, College of Health and Human Services
In all cases, the terms for the positions are two-year terms and start on January 1, 2015.