Western Michigan University faculty members from 13 departments across eight colleges will participate in a special faculty reading of “Strike Parade,” a new play by WMU professor Dr. Steve Feffer commemorating the 100th anniversary of the 1913-14 Michigan Copper Miners’ Strike. The event is sponsored by the Western Michigan University chapter of the American Association of University Professors.
THIS EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Seating will be limited, so please plan accordingly.
FEATURING AN ALL-STAR CAST OF FACULTY READERS:
- Betsy Aller, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Karen Blaisure, Family and Consumer Sciences
- Jennifer Brown, Bronson School of Nursing
- Sharon Carlson, University Libraries
- David Curwen, Dance
- Vincent Desroches, World Languages and Literatures
- Dan Fleming, Chemical and Paper Engineering
- Brian Horvitz, Educational Leadership, Research & Technology
- Dominic Nicolai, College of Aviation – Flight Program
- Mary Peterson, Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Cynthia Running-Johnson, World Languages and Literatures
- Nancy Schullery, Business Information Systems (Emerita)
- Ola Smith, Accountancy
- Gwen Athene Tarbox, English
The Western Michigan University chapter of the American Association of University Professors, representing WMU’s 879 board-appointed faculty members, is an active community of teachers, scholars, researchers, and creative artists committed to student success, academic excellence, shared governance, and the preservation of higher education as a public good.
We are pleased to present this reading in our continuing effort to help educate the campus community and the public about Michigan’s labor history, the importance of workers’ rights, the critical role of the arts and humanities in a civilized culture, and the value of collective action to ensure a thriving democratic society.